Venture Forward seeks a Lab Operations Associate III. This is high-level, technical role for VFP’s Lab Services group. This role will be critical to setting up account operations at client sites, managing communications with the client, and ensuring technical and operational requirements of the lab are met.
This role requires a full understanding of the lab operations and the services VFP provides to our clients. The person should have a detailed understanding of the lab environment, including lab safety, equipment and operations. This person will have technical and organizational skills, as well as proficiency in lab SOPs and EH&S requirements. The role will also provide guidance to other VFP Lab Ops Associates, as required.
This role is primarily responsible for being the primary contact for lab services for his/her assigned accounts. Additional job duties may include new client onboarding, setting up various vendor accounts, becoming proficient in VFP’s Monday boards and maintaining all processes, documentation and operations for that assigned account. Lastly, this person be self-directed, responsible and accountable.
This position reports to a Lab Operations Manager. Job requirements include:
- Launch new Lab Service sites and implement all VFP processes with minimal managerial oversight.
- Lead onsite strategic operations meetings with both internal and external stake holders. Organize, plan, set agenda for meetings and identify key action items.
- Consistently audit current processes and document rationale for recommended improvements.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to set implementation timelines of new processes and manage projects accordingly.
- Exhibit high level of technical skill and function as resource for other Lab Associates.
- Identify and solve (moderate) routine issues both operationally and mechanically.
- Quickly diagnose both scientific and MEP equipment issues for designated sites either in person or remotely as needed.
- Address and create resolution plans for technical and operational VFP processes.
- 24 – 32 hrs dedicated to onsite duties.
- 8 – 10 hrs dedicated to VFP duties.
- Maintain timesheet accuracy and timely submission, in accordance with VFP policies.
This position requires the following:
- 2-4 years experience in a laboratory setting.
- Have a strong knowledge of general and analytical scientific equipment including routine light maintenance and functionalities.
- Independently able to run onsite operations at all client sites in accordance with VFP standards for all lab sizes and complexities.
- Confident interacting and communicating with clients.
- Reliable source of information for site specific information and forecasting.
- Technical understanding of MEP systems and lab metric standards.
- Strong user of all VFP systems and able to enroll new clients into portals.
- Proficient in computer skills: Outlook, Microsoft 365
About Venture Forward
Venture Forward was formed in 2018 as an end-to-end service provider to the Life Science Industry. We offer a range of services to our biotech clients, including lab design, Project Management, Lab Management and Operational Support. We are involved with projects from inception to punch list, helping our clients to create their new lab space, and provide the relocation support, lab set up and lab management services they need to operate successfully and allow their science to thrive.
Venture Forward offers Health, Dental, Vision STD, LTD, and Life insurance, an HRA plan, a 401k plan, generous PTO policies and the flexibility of self-managed time.
Venture Forward is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
Contact Anna Grzybowska at VFP@ventureforwardpartners.com with inquiries.
27 Park Ave.
Framingham, MA 01701
No Employment Agencies please, the Company is not responsible for any fees related to candidates that are unsolicited.